Leaders of the Month!
Students: Congratulations Londyn E., Onniyah S., Zhiana F., Harmony B., Nevaeh H., and Takarah R.!
Staff: Way to go Ms. Lela Rucker (1st grade) and Ms. Chaka Khan Collymore-Fogg (Cafe)!
Students: Congratulations Evan A., Genesis E., Aidan F., Emery K., Jalin A.!
Students: Congratulations Jamone W., Nylah J., Cashmere H., Ka’Ron S., Brooke F., and Jolu Y.!
Staff: Congratulations Ms. Tonya and Mr. Williams!
-Leadership Focused Education-
Hope Charter Leadership Academy bases its leadership focus on Stephen Covey’s Seven Habits of Highly Effective Kids. As a Leader In Me School, students will discover and practice a set of leadership and life skills from Stephen Covey’s book The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, and The 8th Habit from Effectiveness to Greatness.
Incorporating The Leader In Me practices within our school’s environment and curriculum assists our students in becoming prepared to succeed in the 21st Century, with critical skills and characteristics such as: motivation, problem-solving skills, trustworthiness, a strong work ethic, goal setting, effective interpersonal skills, academic achievement, a sense of teamwork, and valuing diversity in a global market.
- Certified Round Cut 1.83 Ctw Garnet & SI Diamond 14k White gold Engagement Ring
- GENUINE SOLID 750 YELLOW gold TEAR DROP DESIGN EARRINGS WITH ZIRCONIA
- Lot of 100 Foiled Millefiori Art Glass Pendants OC18PEN-100
- Quartz Gemstone Amethyst bluee Sandstone Post Stud Earrings Hypoallergenic
- TI SENTO MILANO bague en silver Pierre purple et zircons 1772CL 58
- .11ct G SI 14k White gold Diamond Earrings
- 0.22 CT 10K White gold Round Diamond Ladies Double Row Crawler Climber Earrings
- 10K Men's Yellow gold Cross With Round Diamond 0.50CT Jesus, Hiphop
- 14k gold Ruby Ring with diamond accents. Heavy and not scrap
- 14k Yellow gold & Rhodium Prong-Set March Aquamarine Baby shoes Charm K548
- 18k Yellow gold 1.5ct Marquise Amethyst Flower Stud Earrings For Women's
- 4ct Round Genuine Diamond 14K gold Earrings Ladies Cluster Looping Halo GH SI2
- Antique Ladies Cameo Broach-pendant In a 14 K Frame With Diamond
- Certified 2.25Ct Infinity White Round Cut Engagement & Wedding Ring 14K gold
- Emerald 6.0×8.0mm 14Kt White gold Natural Diamond Semi Mount Engagement Ring
- Genuine Amethyst Pear Cut Gemstone Stud Earrings In 14K White gold
- Lex & Lu 14k White gold Ruby and Diamond Ring Size 7
- PRETTY ESPO OLDER JOSEPH ESPOSITO ORNATE STERLING & SOLID 14K gold RING sz 6.5
- Trifari w Crystals BIRTHDAY Teddy Bear Brooch Pin
- Vintage Art Deco Rhinestone Brooch 1960s Jewelry Earring Set Easter Spring Wear
- Vintage Micro Mosaic Italian Brooch - Squared Oval - Red w Floral - Excellent
- Be Proactive
- Begin with the End in Mind
- Put First Things First
- Think Win-Win
- Seek First to Understand then to be Understood
- Sharpen the Saw
- Find Your Voice
All students apply for a Leadership Role within their classroom and they are also given the opportunity to apply for a school wide Leadership Role as well. Students are responsible for carrying out their Leadership Roles. Just a few of our school wide Leadership Roles are:
- Tour Guide
- Interior Decorator
- Public Speaker
- Student Lighthouse
- Technology Leader
Each morning our students recite our Leadership Pledge:
We the students of Hope Elementary, show leadership by
following seven simple rules.
We are PROACTIVE and BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND.
We are becoming leaders, one student at a time!
We PUT FIRST THINGS FIRST and do what we should,
WE SEEK TO UNDERSTAND, THEN TO BE UNDERSTOOD.
We THINK WIN-WIN to solve our problems and then…
SYNERGIZING helps us to be a better friend.
We SHARPEN OUR SAW by exercising and eating right.
We help each other and go to bed early at night.
We do our best when no one can see.
We’re the smartest boys and girls, because there’s a LEADER IN ME!
All classroom at Hope Charter have high tech model of SmartBoard Technology Students are now engaged in hands on SmartBoard lessons that expands our possibilities for academic growth. During the 2016-2017 school year, HCLA will embark on a 1:1 initiative with providing each student a Google Chromebook. Students will be provided their personal Chromebook at the beginning of the school day to use in any class and through all facets of the school day. Students are now engaged in hands on SmartBoard and Google Chromebook lessons that expand their possibilities for academic growth.
Board of Directors
Positive and supportive leadership is the cornerstone of our success as a school. Without the Board of Directors support and time volunteering to our school, we would not be able to have the great instructional program that we have today. It is with their positive influence that Hope Elementary has become the amazing instructional environment for children to attend school and has provided our staff with the means to make continued strides toward a strong and effective educational program. The Board of Directors is the governing body of the school. The Board is responsible for all school policies and procedures that affect the instructional and operational functions at the school.
Board Meeting Dates
The Board meeting dates are listed below. All Board Meetings are held in the school media center and are open to the public.
January 25, 2017
February 22, 2017
March 22, 2017
April 19, 2017
May 24, 2017
June 7, 2017
June 28, 2017