Leaders of the Month!
Students: Congratulations Londyn E., Onniyah S., Zhiana F., Harmony B., Nevaeh H., and Takarah R.!
Staff: Way to go Ms. Lela Rucker (1st grade) and Ms. Chaka Khan Collymore-Fogg (Cafe)!
Students: Congratulations Evan A., Genesis E., Aidan F., Emery K., Jalin A.!
Students: Congratulations Jamone W., Nylah J., Cashmere H., Ka’Ron S., Brooke F., and Jolu Y.!
Staff: Congratulations Ms. Tonya and Mr. Williams!
-Leadership Focused Education-
Hope Charter Leadership Academy bases its leadership focus on Stephen Covey’s Seven Habits of Highly Effective Kids. As a Leader In Me School, students will discover and practice a set of leadership and life skills from Stephen Covey’s book The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, and The 8th Habit from Effectiveness to Greatness.
Incorporating The Leader In Me practices within our school’s environment and curriculum assists our students in becoming prepared to succeed in the 21st Century, with critical skills and characteristics such as: motivation, problem-solving skills, trustworthiness, a strong work ethic, goal setting, effective interpersonal skills, academic achievement, a sense of teamwork, and valuing diversity in a global market.
- 0.69CT 14K Two Tone Over Women's Adjustable Bolo Bracelet VVS DE
- 118 Cts Natural Zambian Emerald Bracelets 8 Faceted Beaded 6 Strand Rich Looks
- 14K Yellow gold Boy 4mm Cultured Pearl June 21x12mm 0.90gr
- 2.80CT NATURAL DIAMOND 14K YELLOW gold WEDDING ANNIVERSARY BUTTERFLY PENDANT
- Vint. ster. BABY BIB CLIPS PIGS by ROBBINS
- Vintage green jade ring 10k yellow gold
- VERY RARE 1940s 1 SIGNED HAR DRAGON TOOTH STONE ABs HARGO NY EARRINGS C10
- 0.29ct G SI1 Ex Round AGI Earth Mined Diamond 18K Cathedral Solitaire Ring 3.84g
- 9ct Yellow & White gold Greek Key Bracelet 7
- Crucifix bracelet with 14k yellow gold accents
- Gemstone Morganite Diamond Halo 14K pink gold Elegant Bride Wedding Fine Ring
- New 14K Yellow gold 3 Stone Citrine Gemstone Facet Cut Ring Size 7.25 3.7 Grams
- Solitaire Ruby Infinity Knot Ring 14K gold Platinum Size 3-13
- 0.06 Ct Diamond Ring Solid 14k Yellow gold Fine Wedding Jewelry Minimalist Gifts
- 0.82 Ct D VS2 Diamond Engagement Ring 14K Yellow gold Round Stylish Popular
- 10K gold Ring w Citrine Ruby Aqua Amethyst 3.59 grams size 6 3 4 lot 30u6
- 10kt Yellow gold Womens Round Diamond Cluster Fashion Ring 1 8 Cttw
- 14K White gold 1.00TCW Diamond bluee Sapphire Filigree Ring Size 5.75 I1-2 H-I
- 14K Yellow gold Finish Round Diamond Star Cluster Mini Stud Earrings For Womens
- Be Proactive
- Begin with the End in Mind
- Put First Things First
- Think Win-Win
- Seek First to Understand then to be Understood
- Sharpen the Saw
- Find Your Voice
All students apply for a Leadership Role within their classroom and they are also given the opportunity to apply for a school wide Leadership Role as well. Students are responsible for carrying out their Leadership Roles. Just a few of our school wide Leadership Roles are:
- Tour Guide
- Interior Decorator
- Public Speaker
- Student Lighthouse
- Technology Leader
Each morning our students recite our Leadership Pledge:
We the students of Hope Elementary, show leadership by
following seven simple rules.
We are PROACTIVE and BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND.
We are becoming leaders, one student at a time!
We PUT FIRST THINGS FIRST and do what we should,
WE SEEK TO UNDERSTAND, THEN TO BE UNDERSTOOD.
We THINK WIN-WIN to solve our problems and then…
SYNERGIZING helps us to be a better friend.
We SHARPEN OUR SAW by exercising and eating right.
We help each other and go to bed early at night.
We do our best when no one can see.
We’re the smartest boys and girls, because there’s a LEADER IN ME!
All classroom at Hope Charter have high tech model of SmartBoard Technology Students are now engaged in hands on SmartBoard lessons that expands our possibilities for academic growth. During the 2016-2017 school year, HCLA will embark on a 1:1 initiative with providing each student a Google Chromebook. Students will be provided their personal Chromebook at the beginning of the school day to use in any class and through all facets of the school day. Students are now engaged in hands on SmartBoard and Google Chromebook lessons that expand their possibilities for academic growth.
Board of Directors
Positive and supportive leadership is the cornerstone of our success as a school. Without the Board of Directors support and time volunteering to our school, we would not be able to have the great instructional program that we have today. It is with their positive influence that Hope Elementary has become the amazing instructional environment for children to attend school and has provided our staff with the means to make continued strides toward a strong and effective educational program. The Board of Directors is the governing body of the school. The Board is responsible for all school policies and procedures that affect the instructional and operational functions at the school.
Board Meeting Dates
The Board meeting dates are listed below. All Board Meetings are held in the school media center and are open to the public.
January 25, 2017
February 22, 2017
March 22, 2017
April 19, 2017
May 24, 2017
June 7, 2017
June 28, 2017